Saturday, February 11, 2012

If I prepare silk flowers now for Aug wedding will they droop.?

Using tall approx 3 ft tower vases. The floral arrangement on top will be like a hugh topiary. It is approx. 22 wide and 18 inches high with silk rose flowers 9 and 7 inches tall. The greenery will be 11 and 9 inches in length. I also used the pick or stem machine on the stems of the flowers. I am not a florist I just like messing with flowers but, I wasn't sure if the roses and greenery would hold their shape. I have done one and I feel like the very tope of the topiary seems to be drooping a little bit. I know I could always reform the flowers right before the wedding But, if that is the case I would probably wait and complete the arrangements about a week before the wedding.

If I prepare silk flowers now for Aug wedding will they droop.?
You most certainly can if done correctly. You said you picked the flower stems which is the first step. The next requirement is the medium you used to put the flowers into. Did you use Oasis? the new oasis like material for artificial flowers? You will have the best luck if you use Styrofoam. It comes in green and many sizes and shapes. You can do flowers months and months ahead with Styrofoam. I would wait until 2-3 weeks before the wedding if using a softer material. Its like embroidery, it is very important to use the correct materials to get the best quality. I managed a flower shop for many years so I have done this many times. I even did one this way and adhered it to my parents gravestone and it still looks beautiful. LOL Joni B


No comments:

Post a Comment